IC MARKETING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR (part time)
About the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (IC)
Established in 2002 and recognised as one of the leading facilities of its type in Australia, the IC has directly supported the start-up and growth of over 200 businesses which have created over 860 jobs and raised over $34 million in early stage capital for member companies.
The IC assists innovators and entrepreneurs to build and scale their business through customised programs, mentoring, access to capital and purpose built facilities. The IC is a not-for- profit company wholly owned by the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).
About the role
The Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast is seeking a motivated professional to drive the IC’s marketing, events and special projects. This is an independent role within a small team that requires enthusiasm, critical thinking, excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for making a difference. The position is part time (approximately 24 hours per week) and we support flexible work arrangements.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implement the IC 2018 Marketing and Events Plan and assist with stakeholder relationships
- Schedule and coordinate events, projects, programs and follow up as required
- Proactively explore value adding marketing, event and project opportunities to leverage outcomes for the IC, its members and USC
- Coordinate and update IC website and media content including managing IC accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Assist in fostering strong engagement between members, students, partners and USC staff/ researchers.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- Relevant education, training and/or experience equivalent to the completion of a communications, marketing or public relations degree, with subsequent relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work productively in a small team Tact, diplomacy, judgement and ability to work effectively with various stakeholders Strong attention to detail with exceptional project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, writing and experience in developing editorial content for print and online media.
- Advanced computer skills and experience in Office applications and web-based technologies, including using website back end systems and social media sites.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to liaise confidently with people at all levels.
This role reports to the CEO.
Salary package range
$40,000 (including superannuation) depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
See the IC website and social media sites. PS. Debbie Marshall will assist in the handover phase before she transitions to IC partner – AusIDentities.
Send your CV and a cover letter (2-3 pages addressing the PD criteria) to Lynn Graham via [email protected] by Monday 12 February midnight as we are looking to fill this position asap.