About the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (IC)
Established in 2002 and recognised as one of the leading facilities of its type in Australia, the IC has directly supported the start-up and growth of over 200 businesses which have created over 860 jobs and raised over $34 million in early stage capital for member companies.
The IC assists innovators and entrepreneurs to build and scale their business through customised programs, mentoring, access to capital and purpose built facilities. The IC is a not-for- profit company wholly owned by the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).
About the Role
Driving innovation in health, wellbeing & medtech
If you are passionate about helping innovative companies and building a thriving health, wellbeing and med-tech startup ecosystem, then join us as the local founding Program Manager for The Australian Health Accelerator (AH-x) program.
The 16 week AH-x program will be run by The Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (IC) in partnership with The Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) enabling 10 companies to access expert business support, mentoring, seed funding, state-of-the-art facilities, simulation suites and laboratories. AH-x is a catalyst for commercialising and scaling new, innovative health related products and services based at the newest and most advanced hospital in the country – The Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH).
In this contract or part-time role, the Program Manager will play a central part in the delivery, management and entrepreneurial leadership of the AH-x. The Program Manager joins a local team to run the program and will:
- Lead and deliver the AH-x program and other venture building activities at the IC / SCHI.
- Complete final selection of suitable AH-x program candidates (cohort of 10 from 36 applicants).
- Serve as the main POC for participants during the program, providing guidance to aspiring entrepreneurs, co-ordination of mentors, expert / guest presenters and field trips, etc.
- Working fortnightly (in group and 1-to-1 basis) with participants to help them develop their product, team, technology, customer acquisition strategy, plans and timely implementation.
- Incorporate, instruct applicants in the use of lean startup methodologies (ie. use of Design Thinking, MVP, Business Model / Value Proposition Canvas, etc).
- Enhance the AH-x content and delivery in a collaborative, best practice way.
- Work closely with the IC and SCHI to promote the AH-x program and member opportunities via partners and key stakeholders.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- Strong connections and a familiarity with the health innovation ecosystem.
- Experience working in / with entrepreneurial startup / scaleup companies.
- Impressive demonstrable experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Industry recognised leadership, project and relationship management experience.
- Strong qualifications, highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with program, budget and people management.
This role reports to the CEO.
Circa $46,000 total package dependent on experience and time that you can commit to the role.
Please provide covering letter and your bio, CV or LinkedIn profile. Importantly, we are also seeking confirmation of your availability (including a two-day Boot camp in early Aug, 16 week program delivery through to Nov 2018) and the indicative number of hours that you could commit to this role.
Send application to: Mark Paddenburg – CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight, Tuesday, 12th June 2018
Additional Context & Background:
The AH-x and IC goal is to deliver an ongoing program to help constantly create, develop and launch high quality, investible startup companies in the areas of health, wellbeing and med-tech. We are looking to find, fund and accelerate 10 ambitious businesses in the region, giving them the skills, connections and opportunities they need to take their business to the next level.
Target participants are company founders with an advanced idea, product or service looking to scaleup and rapidly get to the next level. The AH-x Program will help steer ventures in the right direction with tried and tested industry specific tools, resources and international connections.
AH-x graduates will be known for building breakthrough products and services for the health sector (in an ethical, integrated way - utilising lean startup methodology, technology as an enabler and being highly consumer-centric).