Calling Sunshine Coast’s Most Innovative Businesses from one of the region’s high-value industries – Knowledge Industries and Professional Services.
You have the opportunity to demonstrate your innovative business to corporate, local government, mentors, media and investors and the region’s entrepreneurial community at the #Demo Day held on 16 February 2017 @ the IC. Over $2,000 of in-kind benefits to successful applicants.
How to apply
Submit your application and video (video optional) between now and 30 January 2017.
Your application will be assessed by a panel based on the selection criteria and you will be notified whether your application has been accepted or not.
All successful applicants are invited to attend a briefing @ the IC on 1 February – time to be confirmed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate their innovative business to the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur, Mark Sowerby, IC CEO and Spark Bureau CEO and invited guests @ Demo Day on 16 February 2017. You will conduct a 5 minute presentation and can also utilise an exhibition stand to showcase your innovative product or service as part of the DemoDay exhibition (we strongly encourage you to exhibit to ensure maximum leverage from this event).
The Selection Panel will base the decision on the following criteria:
Note: Note: Your Business must be from the Knowledge Industries and Professional Services Sector. Find out more about this $2.5 billion sector at https://invest.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Economic-Strategy/Industry-and-Investment-Action-Plans
Validation – reality check
- Is the business model you have described scalable and sustainable?
- Has a customer need been identified and is there a clear go-to-market strategy?
- Have you done a competitor analysis?
- Is there an innovative solution to an existing or emerging problem?
- Have the resources (financial, team etc) required to successfully launch and grow the venture been considered?
- If funding was secured how would resources be deployed?