Calling Sunshine Coast’s Most Innovative Businesses from one of the region’s high-value industries – Tourism, Sport and Leisure.
You have the opportunity to demonstrate your innovative business to corporate, local government, mentors, media and investors and the region’s entrepreneurial community at the #Demo Day held on 5 September 2017.
How to apply
Submit your application and video (video optional) between now 7 August 2017.
Your application will be assessed by a panel based on the selection criteria and you will be notified whether your application has been accepted or not.
All successful applicants are invited to attend a briefing @ the IC – date to be confirmed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate their innovative business to an expert judging panel and invited guests @ Demo Day 5 September 2017. You will conduct a 4 minute presentation and can also utilise an exhibition stand to showcase your innovative product or service as part of the DemoDay exhibition (we strongly encourage you to exhibit to ensure maximum leverage from this event).
The Selection Panel will base the decision on the following criteria:
Note: Note: Your Business must be from the Tourism, Sport and Leisure industry.
Validation – reality check
- Is the business model you have described scalable and sustainable?
- Has a customer need been identified and is there a clear go-to-market strategy?
- Have you done a competitor analysis?
- Is there an innovative solution to an existing or emerging problem?
- Have the resources (financial, team etc) required to successfully launch and grow the venture been considered?