Calling Sunshine Coast’s Most Innovative Businesses from one of the region’s high-value industries – Health and Wellbeing.
You have the opportunity to demonstrate your innovative business to corporate, local government, mentors, media and investors and the region’s entrepreneurial community at the #Demo Day held on 4 May 2017.
How to apply
Submit your application and video (video optional) between now 31 March 2017.
Your application will be assessed by a panel based on the selection criteria and you will be notified whether your application has been accepted or not.
All successful applicants are invited to attend a briefing @ the IC – date to be confirmed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate their innovative business to the IC CEO – Mark Paddenburg, Spark Bureau CEO, Zac Johnson and Sunshine Coast Council Head of Industry Development – Anne Lawrence and invited guests @ Demo Day 4 May 2017. You will conduct a 4 minute presentation and can also utilise an exhibition stand to showcase your innovative product or service as part of the DemoDay exhibition (we strongly encourage you to exhibit to ensure maximum leverage from this event).
The Selection Panel will base the decision on the following criteria:
Note: Note: Your Business must be from the Health and Wellbeing Sector.
Validation – reality check
- Is the business model you have described scalable and sustainable?
- Has a customer need been identified and is there a clear go-to-market strategy?
- Have you done a competitor analysis?
- Is there an innovative solution to an existing or emerging problem?
- Have the resources (financial, team etc) required to successfully launch and grow the venture been considered?
- If funding was secured how would resources be deployed?